CRUT plans to introduce 289 buses in three phases with induction of 200 new buses and refurbishment of 89 old buses. Out of the 200 new buses, 100 buses are of standard size with a seating capacity of 43 (50 Ac & 50 Non-AC) and 100 midi with 23 seats. MO BUS provides Safe, Smart, and Affordable amenities to passengers and facilitate easy commute throughout Bhubaneswar and soon to Cuttack. MO BUSes are designed to integrate smart technologies such as free on-board Wi-Fi service, digital announcements, surveillance cameras, and electronic ticketing. To increase women’s participation in the workforce, and make women riders feel safer while commuting, CRUT is committed to ensure that 50% of its MO BUS Guides (conductors) are women.
The Bus Queue Shelter (BQS) in each location has been particularly created and designed in a way which provides enhanced convenience to the passengers and makes their waiting time worth it. Some of the unique features in the BQS include:
- PIS (Passenger Information System) (Coming Soon): Mounted on each BQS, PIS is a GPS-based information system to know about the expected time of arrival of MO BUS and to find out when exactly the next MO BUS is about to approach a particular bus-stop. It also displays the route numbers of the MO BUSes which are about to arrive at the particular stop.
- Wi-Fi: Not just inside the MO BUS, passengers can avail free Wi-Fi facility in the BQS as well, to easily surf and access the internet without any additional cost.
- Public Toilets near BQS (Coming Soon): Public toilet facilities have been provided nearby some of the BQS to let passengers uplift their BQS experience, and not search for a public toilet each time they have to wait at the BQS.
- MO CYCLE Stations at BQS: To ensure appropriate first and last mile connectivity in the city through the means of sustainable transportation, some of the BQS have MO CYCLE stations which lets people easily access/park their MO CYCLEs and conveniently use it for their short or long trips.
- Location Information Map (Coming Soon): This facility will let people know their exact location, what’s nearby, close-by landmarks and the appropriate directions to take for reaching some of the nearby destinations.
Origin Destination (OD) terminals are located in the heart of the three cities, serving as the central points in the CRUT system. The terminals are the main transfer location for CRUT buses and also serve as a connecting point to Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Puri and the surrounding areas.
Locations of OD Terminals:
- Sikharchandi Vihar
- Master Canteen
- SUM Hospital
- Kalinga Vihar
- Kalinga Vihar K9B
- Sai Temple
MO BUS Depots
MO BUS Depots are assigned places in the city where the maintenance of MO BUS is carried out. Night parking and workshop facilities also from a part of the Bus Depots
Temporary MO BUS Depots
- Beside SUM Hospital
- Railway Bhawan (ECoR)
Upcoming MO BUS Depots with upgraded features